Facility Use and Rentals
Add a little (or a mammoth amount of) uniqueness to your events at the Yukon Beringia Interpretive Centre. Let your guests mingle beneath megafauna skeletons, or enjoy a film in our beautiful theatre. The Beringia Centre promises to be a unique and memorable location for a variety of events.
Our facility offers exclusive use for events ranging from wedding receptions to business after hours to lectures, seminars, tours and school group bookings. A facility rental provides access to our grounds, exhibit halls and theatre space.
The Beringia Centre is now taking rental booking for events starting November 1, 2021. The following additional COVID-19 guidelines are currently in place.
- The Renter is responsible for ensuring that the maximum attendee count is no greater than 50 at any time. Attendees include anyone attending or assisting with the event (does not include YBIC staff).
- All events must have an event organizer stationed at the entry to ensure capacity is not exceeded and provide attendance numbers to YBIC staff.
- The Renter is responsible for ensuring that attendees wear masks and follow physical distancing guidelines. Masks are mandatory during rentals and must remain on the whole time, including in the theatre. Performers or presenters may remove masks when on the stage. Microphones may not be shared and must be disinfected with the provided cleaner after use.
- Events cannot include alcohol or food service. Attendees cannot bring their own food into the Centre.
- No one exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms will be allowed to attend the event. Signage will remind attendees to not enter the Centre if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- The Renter is responsible for ensuring that they and their attendees are compliant with all current Government of Yukon COVID-19 guidelines as posted on: https://yukon.ca/en/covid-19-information, including the Safe 6 + 1.
- The Renter is encouraged to set up the event in a way that allows for adequate safe spacing for all attendees.
- The renter is responsible for ensuring that theater use follows these rules:
- Attendees hands must be sanitized prior to entering the theatre.
- Attendees will avoid touching seats, except those they sit in. Used seats will be marked with a stickie/sign for cleaning purposes.
- Disinfecting marked seats with the provided cleaner after use is the responsibility of the Renter.
- Completing the Post Event Checklist and cleaning procedures is the responsibility of the Renter.
Costs and Availability
Facility Rentals: $60 per hour (minimum 3 hours). Rates subject to change without notice.
Contact the centre manager if you have any questions or to check availability.
Download the rental agreement:
The centre’s exhibit halls provide space to set up for a variety of events.
Tables and Chairs:
- 30 portable chairs
- 10 folding tables (6 feet)
Theatre audio/visual equipment:
- Current theatre capacity is 50
- Sony Laser projector and 16-foot wide screen
- Blu-ray players (dual Tascam BD-R2000s)
- 4 wireless Sennheiser microphones (1 lapel, 3 hand-held)
- 1 podium microphone
- Inputs for 4 additional wired microphones (renter must supply their own)
- Livestreaming capabilities (see below)
- HDMI and VGA inputs for laptop computers
- LED Stage lighting with presets and custom options (coming soon!)
- XLR media patch for recording audio feed.
Our intuitive theatre control system can be easily operated with little training. Because renters are responsible to run their own event, we do ask that they familiarize themselves with our system in advance of their event. For more complicated or high-profile events, renters should have their own audio visual expert.
The theatre is equipped with livestreaming capabilities, including a PTZ HD video camera, audio inputs, and inputs for a second camera or computer feed. Our system is capable of streaming to most popular streaming services (Livestream, Ustream, YouTube Live, etc). If you are interested in this feature, or wish to connect other devices or features into our system, please contact the centre manager.
Facility Use Policy
Find out all the details on using the centre in our Facility Use Policy.
Please use the calendar below as a guide to available booking dates.
Our Calendar is updated periodically, and may not reflect actual availability at any given time. To confirm the availability of a date please contact us by phone or email.
Phone 867-667-8855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org